What is the TMJ ?
The temporomandibular joint is the joint that connects your jaw to your skull. When this joint is injured or damaged, it can lead to a localized pain disorder called temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome.
What are the symptoms of a dysfunctional TMJ
Temporomandibular dysfunction includes a wide range of disorders that often overlap they include:
– Muscle problems that affect jaw movement.
– Pain in the face around the jaw joint.
– Problems within the joint itself such as jaw locking or cracking.
– A pain that is often confused with toothaches.
– Headaches and migraine.
– Teeth grinding and clenching.